Thank you to our distinguished volunteers who serve on the American Cancer Society 2016 Denver Gala Committee. Their tireless efforts and unwavering dedication to finishing the fight against cancer are instrumental to the continued success of our event.
Our event would not be possible without dedicated volunteers giving generously of their time and talent. We’re always in need of additional volunteers; please review the list below to see if one of opportunities is right for you!
To sign up as a volunteer or learn more about our opportunities, please contact Dana Hamilton at 720.524.5426 or email@example.com.
- Description: Check in guests, assist guests through the registration process, answer questions, and report on any issues
- Qualifications: A fun upbeat attitude, with a winning smile and strong organizational skills.
Silent Auction Attendant
- Description: Set up silent auction packages, decorate silent auction tables, assist bidders, report on bidding status, and assist guests with checking-out purchases
- Qualifications: A love of decorating and a desire to help others make exciting purchases.
Raffle Ticket Sales
- Description: Sell raffle tickets – engage guests and explain the exciting opportunity
- Qualifications: Great people skills and comfortable approaching guests
- Description: Preside over games, check in guests to participate, and set up gaming area
- Qualifications: An ability to excite and support a small crowd of competitors, while tracking scores and participation
- Description: Greet all guests as they arrive, answer their questions, and provide direction
- Qualifications: Upbeat attitude and a warm, approachable personality
Live Auction Spotter
- Description: Jump into the action during our exciting live auction by assisting the auctioneer with spotting bids
- Qualifications: A good eye, a clear voice, and an ability to enthuse a crowd
- Description: Compute purchases and generate invoices for winning bidders, operate software to keep the live and silent auctions updated throughout the evening
- Qualifications: Computer skills, database software experience preferred, but not required. Attendance at a volunteer computer training event is required.
- Description: Deliver auction items to winning bidders, may include transporting items to their car.
- Qualifications: Great people skills and ability to lift 40 pounds.